Home / Foriegn News / Afghan Youth Held Over Munich Shootings

Afghan Youth Held Over Munich Shootings

image

Police in Munich say they have arrested a 16-year-old Afghan friend of David Ali Sonboly, who killed nine people at a Munich shopping centre on Friday.

They say the teenager is under investigation for failing to report the attacker’s plans, and that he could have been an accomplice.

Sonboly, 18, had been planning his attack for a year, police said earlier. They say he had a Glock pistol which he may have bought on the so-called dark net.

A statement on Munich police’s Facebook page says:

“There is a suspicion that the 16-year-old is a possible tacit accomplice to the attack.”

The statement says the youth reported to police immediately after the shooting on Friday, and was interviewed as somebody with a connection to the attacker.

But in the course of the interviews, they discovered discrepancies in his statements.

They say they are now investigating him on suspicion of failing to report a planned crime.

The investigations will have to show to what extent, if any, he was involved in a Facebook post inviting people to meet at a cinema complex near the main railway station in Munich.

The attacker himself had put up a post on a fake Facebook account before his attack, inviting people to come to the fast food restaurant where the shooting happened.

Source: BBC

About Anefu III

I am Exclusive...

Check Also

20 People Reportedly Injured As Shooter Opens Fire In Florida High School

At least 20 people are reportedly injured in a shooting currently taking place at the …

Leave a Reply