The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has restated the President Muhammdu Buhari-led Federal Government’s resolve to technically meet the December 31 deadline of defeating Boko Haram insurgents in the north eastern part of the country.
The Minister made the remark at the heels of renewed Boko Haram attacks in Maiduguri metropolis and Madagali village in Adamawa State on monday, which left scores dead and several others injured.
Mohammed said this on Monday while addressing journalists at the premises of the National Theatre in Lagos shortly after inspecting the facilities at the complex as part of the tour of the parastatals under his ministry.
The Minister while reacting to insurgent attacks on Jiddari Polo, and Adawari Village, near Maiduguri metropolis, both in Borno State, where scores of people were killed between Sunday and Monday, said, “We have been vindicated because Bokom Haram have been decapitated compared to the past records.”
Mohammed insisted that the military has technically defeated Boko Haram sect, maintaining that the pockets of attacks being witnessed now was nothing compared to the near war situation the sect subjected the country to same time last year.