Matches resume across Europe and other parts of the world this weekend with mouth-watering fixtures.
In the English Premier League, matches will be played with key games that will determine who will be at the summit of the league standings in week 3.
The Spanish La Liga will also come alive in Europe as three of the hottest properties in football will be going all out with their respective teams.
The Nigeria Professional League (NPFL) is gradually approaching its closing stage as teams battle for supremacy in different match centers across the federation.
Here are the five matches you should not miss this weekend
1. Tottenham vs Liverpool: The second titanic battle in the new Premier League season comes up at White Hart Lane when Spurs takes on the Reds in what promises to be an entertaining encounter.
Harry Kane dribbles past Skertel in last season’s fixture
The Anfield giants faltered in their match against Burnley last weekend but will be facing a more stronger Tottenham opponent. Harry Kane is yet to register his account but records have it that the 23-year-old usually comes late to the party.
2. Hull City vs Manchester United: The relevance of this encounter is that Zlatan Ibrahimovic will aiming to break a 91-year-old goal scoring record set in mid thirties by Jimmy Mason.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is one goal shy of equaling Jimmy Mason’s record
The Tigers are on a perfect start so far as a win over the Red Devils will spring another surprise and shoot them to the top of the log.
3. Manchester City vs West Ham: In last season’s fixture at the Etihad, the Hammers were 2-1 victors over the Citizens with Victor Moses scoring a cracker from 25 yards.
David Silva in action for Manchester City against West Ham last season
However, City seemed to have turned a new leaf with Pep Guardiola making new summer signings which have been fruitful since the 2016/2017 campaign started.
4. Real Madrid vs Celta Vigo: The current hottest property in European football (Cristiano Ronaldo) will not be available for the game at Santiago Bernabeu this week as Los Blancos hosts Celta Vigo.
Ronaldo last free kick goal in La Laiga was against Celta Vigo last season
Real will be playing with their full strength squad in the match and Karim Benzema will also be missing action.
5. Shooting Stars vs Kano Pillars: Irrespective of the mutual antiquity between both teams, this weekend week 33 clash in Ibadan will be a nervy affair.
The Afonja Warriors are battling to keep their heads up in the league while the boys from the former league champions are aiming to finish above mid-table.