A member of the 2016 Batch ‘B’ stream, Segun Olumide, serving in Taraba State has been electrocuted.
Olumide died from the electric shock he suffered on Friday.
It was gathered that despite being rushed to the hospital by his colleagues after he suffered serious burns from electric shock while charging his laptop, it was too late as he was confirmed dead on arrival.
The Ogun State indigene was said to have studied Electrical Engineering at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife, Osun State.
Olumide, who was serving at the Government Day Secondary School, Wuro Sembe, Jalingo, was reportedly placed the laptop on his laps and slept off.
The National Youth Service Corps Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Bose Aderibigbe, confirmed the death of the corps member, saying his parents who lived in Ibadan had been informed.
She said, “Segun died on his way to the hospital. We were informed that he was charging his laptop, which he placed on his laps, but the system exploded. His shout alerted his colleagues who rushed him to the Federal Medical Centre, Jalingo but he died on the way.
“His next-of-kin has been informed about the tragedy, it was a sad development.”