Update on President Jonathan’s security meeting – Exclusives.com.ng
Home / Latest Update / Update on President Jonathan’s security meeting

Update on President Jonathan’s security meeting

The 7 hour extraordinary meeting President Jonathan ordered with the Service Chiefs has ended in the state house. Briefing newsmen after the meeting, the Minister of Information, Labaran Maku said the meeting focused on the missing Chibok girls and yesterday’s bomb blast.

According to Maku, President Jonathan, while addressing the issue of the missing schoolgirls, said “wherever the girls are in the world, we will get them back, apprehend and punish the culprits.”  

“On the unfortunate kidnap of the Chibok girls, the security chiefs briefed the meeting on efforts so far made to locate and rescue the girls, and bring the perpetrators to justice. Extensive and intensive aerial surveillance by the Air Force has been carried out in all the routes leading into and out of Chibok up to the Chad and Cameroun borders. Other parts of Borno and Adamawa states are also under the searchlight. Every information relayed to security agencies has so far been investigated, including the search of all places suspected as a possible hide-away of the kidnapped girls”, Maku said. Continue..
Maku said President Jonathan understands the plight of the parents and says Nigerians are behind them

“The president’s heart goes out to these our unfortunate daughters who have had to endure the trauma of abduction and separation from their loved ones. The government and people of Nigeria stand solidly by them”.

On the recent Bomb blast, he said President Jonathan commiserates with the families that lost loved ones during the attack and has ordered that security agencies increase surveillance and also expedite action in their investigations so that those behind the dastard acts will be brought to book. He also said President Jonathan has directed that all the victims in the various federal hospitals be treated freely, saying the Federal Government would take up all bills incurred.
On the forthcoming World Economic Summit taking place in Abuja from Wednesday May 7th to Friday May 9th, he said there was no going back. Reports has it that Federal Government offices and schools are to be closed down as from Wednesday next week to Friday so as to control human and vehicular traffic during the period of the summit.
The meeting had in attendance Vice President Namadi Sambo,  Minister of State for FCT Jumole Akinjide, Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Interior Minister Abba Moro as well as Trade and Investment Minister Olusegun Aganga. Service Chiefs in attendance includes Defence Minister  General Aliyu Gusau (rtd), National Security Adviser Sambo Dasuki,  Chief of Defense Staff Air Chief Marshall Alex Badeh, Chief of Army Staff Lt General Kenneth Minimah, Chief of Air Staff Air Marshall Ademola Amosu, Chief of Naval Staff Vice Admiral Usman Jibrin, Inspector- General of Police Mohammed Abubakar and Director-General of State Security Service Ita Ekpeyong.

About Japhet

Check Also

‘I Am A Christian, Muslim, Traditional’ – Ooni Of Ife

Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi says he partakes in all forms of religion. He …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *